From: klondike <franxisco1988@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Profile hardened/linux/x86 updated
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 20:59:09
1 El 23/11/10 20:01, Lypsik escribió:
2 >> What I'm saying is that these lists should not change BEFORE and AFTER the profile change.
3 > OK, I understand now, but I think a step-by-step guide should have
4 > been included (run 1, change, run2; compare output of 1&2).
5 >
6 >> What you should have seen for emerge -ep system is something like this
7 >> ...
8 >> all just a bunch of R's, not U's, not UD's not NS's etc.
9 And no use flags changed :P If I recall correctly that's use* and -use* ;)
10
11 As a fast guide:
12
13 $ emerge -evp system > /root/system1
14 $ emerge -evp world > /root/world1
15 $ eselect profile list
16 $ eselect profile set x
17 #x is the number corresponding to hardened ;)
18 $ emerge -evp system > /root/system2
19 $ diff /root/system1 /root/system2
20 #They shouldn't change except on the "Calculating dependencies ....... done!" line (with a different number of dots)
21 $ diff /root/world1 /root/world2
22 #They shouldn't change except on the "Calculating dependencies ....... done!" line (with a different number of dots)
23 #Finally to make sure:
24 $ emerge -va1uDN world
25 #Shouldn't need to upgrade, downgrade rebuild any package.
26 #Finally to clean up
27 $ rm /root/{system,world}{1,2}
28
29 Hope that helps ;)