To: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] pwdb+pam+propolice failure
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 16:27:53
1 This was using the completely out of the box standard 1.4 release live
2 cd. I didn't unmask anything at all, just added stack protection to
3 make.conf. This is an AthlonXP 2100 (MSI-KT3-Ultra2 w/512MB)Here are
4 some of the options from make.conf
5
6 CHOST=i686-pc-linux-gnu
7 CFLAGS="-O3 -march=athlon-xp -fstack-protector -funroll-loops -pipe"
8
9 Nothing unmasked or modified (ACCEPT_KEYWORDS commented out, etc) so
10 this was all standard packages (gcc-3.2.3-r1 and glibc-2.3.2-r1).
11
12 I don't see anything on bugs.gentoo.com for problems with pam and stack
13 protection, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something before
14 I submitted the bug. The gentoo propolice project website says that
15 things should compile out of the box with the proper gcc/glibc used
16 above.