From: Alby Lash <alby@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] grsecurity2
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 01:01:27
1 Hello,
2
3 I was having problems with gradm and grsecurity2 until solar hooked me
4 up with some docs he is working on. I found the learning modes quite
5 helpful, but when I issued this command:
6
7 gradm -F -L /etc/grsec/learning.log -O /etc/grsec/learning.roles
8
9 I got a bunch of successful looking responses. I still couldn't gradm
10 -E because I had no /etc/grsec/acl. So I:
11
12 gradm -F -L /etc/grsec/learning.log -O /etc/grsec/acl
13
14 This allowed me to gradm -E, but it disabled EVERYTHING! I rebooted and
15 thankfully it wasn't part of my booting process yet! I intelligently
16 took a look at what /etc/grsec/acl looked like AFTER I tried using
17 it... duh, and found there were a lot of IP address related information
18 in there. Since I'm going to be changing the IP #'s tomorrow, I'm going
19 to:
20
21 gradm -F -L /etc/grsec/learning.log
22
23 again, and let it run for longer this time, so the system knows I want
24 to be able to ssh in, su to root, use nano, and a couple other things.
25 I'll report back again when I'm getting there. I'm wondering how long
26 it should run - perhaps a couple of weeks to be fully trained? Then I
27 will again try:
28
29 gradm -F -L /etc/grsec/learning.log -O /etc/grsec/acl
30
31 and
32
33 gradm -E
34
35 and will report back on my efforts. If successful, then I'll try and
36 see if I can get gradm -E to initialize on start up.
37
38 Thanks!
39
40 Al