From: Markus Bartl <hardened@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] emerge coreutils
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 08:00:12
1 Luis Villena schrieb:
2 >
3 > El Friday 26 September 2008 11:03:56 Markus Bartl escribió:
4 >
5 > > Daniel Pielmeier schrieb:
6 >
7 > > 2008/9/26 Gentoo Hardened <hardened@××××××××××××××××.de>:
11 > > unpack coreutils-6.10-patches-1.3.tar.lzma: file format not recognized.
12 >
13 > > Ignoring.
19 > > I guess this is a problem with your portage version not supporting
20 >
21 > > lzma compressed files. Which version of portage do you use?
25 > > Regards,
26 >
27 > > Daniel
33 > > Hi There.
37 > > Im using portage 2.1.2.2.
38 >
39 > > If im trying to reemerge portage it conflicts with bash-3.2_p33.
40 >
41 > > If I try to emerge bash it conflicts with portage. :-(
42 >
43 > > Would be great if anybody could help me out with this.
44 >
45 > > Thanks!
49 > > Regards,
50 >
51 > > Markus
52 >
53 > Try emerging a intermediate version of bash, like
54 > =app-shells/bash-3.0-r12. After you've done that, emerge portage, and
55 > then emerge bash-3.2_p33, this solution worked for me.
56 >
57 > Luis Villena
58 >
59 Hi there.
60
61 Thanks all for your help.
62 I fixed it emerging portage with --nodeps.
63 Its a new server so there is no critical data on it. I do not recommend
64 doing this on a running system.
65 By big picture is using the server as a primary DC and as the machine
66 controlling the backup of "mission critical" data.
67 If anybody has experience in setting up a DC on SELinux please feel free
68 to share it with me.
69
70 Thanks again!
71 Regards,