From: Chris S <taskara@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Mono build failure
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 13:06:16
1 pageexec@××××××××.hu wrote:
2
3 >what matters for letting mono run under PaX is that you have to exempt
4 >it for runtime code generation. i don't know how apache/mono interact,
5 >but you'll see it from the PaX kill logs and you'll have to paxctl -m
6 >the affected process.
7 >
8 >if it's apache itself (e.g., it uses mono as some module vs. running
9 >mono as a separate process) then you're best off by having two apache
10 >binaries, one you should use for serving normal web content and run
11 >it with full PaX protections, and the other for serving mono stuff
12 >and have it exempted. in any case, you'll have to exempt the mono
13 >executable itself since it generates code at runtime.
17 Thanks for all your advice. I believe mod_mono passes code off to xsp,
18 mono project's own little webserver.
19 Perhaps I can look into excluding this from pax.
20
21 Thank you for your other emails, I will be looking into it.
22
23 Cheers,
24 -c
25 --