From: Simon Maurer <gentroid@××××××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] systemd + selinux
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 18:10:58
1 Hi,
2 I tried to use selinux with systemd, but without much success. Looks
3 like the whole transitioning is broken. (Most daemons are stuck in the
4 init_t domain) What I don't understand is, while more and more disros
5 switching to systemd, it seems like there is still no working selinux
6 policy with systemd support. So how do other distros support selinux?
7
8 While I'm tying to figure this selinux thingy out, a few questions came
9 to mind:
10 Most packages with the selinux use flag are just pulling their reference
11 policy module as a dependency. Wouldn't it be better to use the seinux
12 flag only for packages which are linked against libselinux and use
13 instead a SELINUX_MODULES variable in the make.conf file (similar to
14 APACHE2_MODULES)?
15
16 The tresys reference policy uses the distro_gentoo directive, but AFAIK
17 it only affects openrc stuff. So shouldn't it be renamed to init_openrc?
18
19 Best regards,
20 Simon