From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] hardened-sources-2.6.x results.
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 01:27:44
1 hardened-dev-sources-2.6 is available for "testing"
2
3 Here is what you can get for the rock bottom
4 bargain price of zero dollars and zero cents.
5
6 * linux-2.6.4
7 (the kernel of course)
8
9 * grsec-core-2.0
10 (vanilla snapshot from last night)
11
12 * grsec extras
13 (the ability to audit text relocations)
14
15 * pax-status
16 (displays runtime pax flags in /proc/#pid/status)
17
18 * selinux-hooks
19 (these allow selinux to hook directly into pax for policy enforcement)
20
21 * selinux-ipaddr
22 (this allows selinux to track ip address via policy or something)
23
24 * netdev-rand-core
25 (framework that allows net devices to seed to the entropy pool)
26
27 * netdev-rand-drivers
28 (drivers that actually do the entropy seeding)
29
30 I'd like to thank cluckj from irc.freenode.net/#gentoo-hardened for
31 testing almost every iteration of this while I was putting it together
32 last night. (thanks bud). I'd also like to thank albeiro as well for
33 porting the netdev-rand stuff and accepting to become the maintainer of
34 those patches. Oh and of course I'd like to thank the usual list of
35 suspects..
36
37 Other than that happy bug hunting. If something does not work join the
38 hardened channel and pick a random nick and blame them cuz I'll plead
39 the 5th :)
40
41 Oh wait one more thing.. If you really care about security you probably
42 should stick with 2.4.x
43
44 -peace
47 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>