From: Stan Sander <stsander@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] udev-171-r2 and 3.0.9-hardened
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 15:18:16
1 On 11/19/2011 07:25 AM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > Don't waste any more time on 3.0.9. It has a problem with inserting
3 > modules and will be removed from the tree in a few hours. Play with
4 > hardened-sources-3.1.1 which will be there in its place. I'm testing
5 > it now. As an aside, please don't use ~arches on production system
6 > because part of the testing process is seeing what feedback I get from
7 > the community on those kernels. Only when I've heard nothing bad, and
8 > run a kernel myself for a while, do I mark it stable. So I encourage
9 > people to play with ~arches in non-critical environments and let me
10 > know. But do expect the occasional breakage.
11 Thanks, Anthony. I'll sync again later and have a go with it. I do
12 quite a bit with my system, but it is by no means critical. When stuff
13 breaks, I try to learn what I can from it and if I can't fix it or
14 figure it out I roll back or work around it some other way.
17 Stan & HD Tashi Grad 10/08 Edgewood, NM SWR
18 PR - Cindy and Jenny - Sammamish, WA NWR
19 http://www.cci.org