From: Neil Katin <neil@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Clean system install problems: gettext-0.12
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 01:08:13
1 I tried doing a clean install of gentoo-hardened, as described in
2 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/selinux-quickstart.xml
3
4 However, the emerge of hardened-sources failed, due to the
5 (normally masked) package sys-devel/gettext-0.12. Its not quite
6 the fault of the hardened package; it failed when just doing
7 an "emerge -u system" with ACCEPT_KEYWORDS of ~x86.
8
9 As a workaround, I went back to only stable packages, did
10 an "emerge -u system", added bakc the ACCEPT_KEYWORDS to
11 unstable packages, and then merged hardened-sources.
12 Gettext-0.12 then successfully compiled.
13
14 I'm not sure what the proper "next step should be, whether
15 it is to patch the 0.12 package to build from a clean system,
16 or to change the install recommendations.
17
18 Neil Katin
22 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list