From: Johannes Skov Frandsen <joe@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Unmerged gcc [SOLVED]
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 07:41:58
1 Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 11:54 +0200, Johannes Skov Frandsen wrote:
3 > ...
6 >> For reasons I can't really explain I now have no gcc installed, which
7 >> leads me to expect, you can appreciate my predicament, as I can't re
8 >> emerge gcc without gcc!
11 > http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/hardened/x86/gcc-3.4.6-r2.tbz2
12 >
13 > http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/hardened/amd64/multilib/gcc-3.4.6-r2.tbz2
14 >
15 > just grab one of the .tbz2 files then
16 >
17 > mkdir -p $(portageq envvar PKGDIR)/All
18 > cd $(portageq envvar PKGDIR)/All
19 > wget $filename
20 > emerge -Kpv gcc
21 > emerge -K gcc
22 >
23 > Or just set PORTAGE_BINHOST= and use the -g/-G options (slow)
24 >
25 > thats it.
26 >
27 > good luck.
30 Hey everybody
31
32 Thanks for all the pointers...
33
34 I compiled gcc and it's requirements on a different machine and moved
35 them to my installation. I'm back in the game, but I was scared there
36 for a moment, and I still don't know how portage could get the idea that
37 it was ok to remove gcc.
41 Regards / Venlig hilsen
42
43 Johannes Skov Frandsen
44
45 *Address:* Egelundsvej 18, DK-5260 Odense S
46 *Web:* www.omesc.com | *Email:* joe@×××××.com
49 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list