From: Luis Ressel <aranea@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] sys-apps/pcsc-lite needs to access /sys
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2014 13:10:57
1 On Sun, 9 Feb 2014 13:43:29 +0100
2 Sven Vermeulen <sven.vermeulen@××××××.be> wrote:
3
4 > Isn't there any mount option that you can pass so that all members of
5 > a certain group can still access sysfs? Perhaps "gid="?
6
7 I guess that would be a safer approach. But I'd prefer a standardized
8 approach for this - surely there are more non-root applications which
9 need extended /sys access. I think not every hardened user should have
10 to figure this out himself.
11
12 The best way I can imagine to solve this would be a new eclass. It
13 would be called in an ebuild (unconditionally) with an user name, would
14 then check if a certain USE flag (either "hardened" or something more
15 specific) was set and then add the user in question to a certain group,
16 perhaps "sysfs". Before doing this for the first time, it would create
17 that group and ask the user to add an appropriate mount option.
18
19 What do you think about this? Is it just overcomplicated or a good way
20 to go? Also, do you know of other programs which have problems with
21 GRKERNSEC_SYSFS_RESTRICT? I'd be willing to write the eclass if you
22 like the idea.
25 Regards,
26 Luis Ressel
29 Luis Ressel <aranea@×××××.de>
30 GPG fpr: F08D 2AF6 655E 25DE 52BC E53D 08F5 7F90 3029 B5BD