From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux failure during emerge: setfscreatecon() takes exactly 1 argument
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 18:58:52
For about the past two weeks I've been receiving the
following error on our SELinux-enabled web server, any time
I attempt to upgrade or install a package from portage.

   File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/_selinux.py", line 50,
in mkdir
     selinux.setfscreatecon()
TypeError: setfscreatecon() takes exactly 1 argument (0 given)

In each case, if I re-run the emerge command, the package
installs successfully the second time, but portage complains
about file collisions during the final merge step.  The
attached build log shows this condition: the previous
upgrade attempt failed during timezone-data.  The log shows
the second upgrade attempt, where timezone-data installs
correctly but README.bz2 indicates a collision.

I have reinstalled portage, python-selinux, and libselinux
successfully (by disabling selinux in FEATURES) but the
problem persists.  I have the most recent selinux userland
from portage (:

[I] dev-python/python-selinux (2.16-r2@09/17/2009)
[I] dev-python/sepolgen (1.0.17@08/03/2009)
[I] sys-libs/libselinux (2.0.85@09/17/2009)