From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Gcc4.1.1 with hardened
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 14:27:36
1 Hi, this is a repeat of my question from the previous thread, but I
2 guess it makes sense to start a new thread.
3
4 What are the implications of taking a 2006.1 stage3 (ie gcc 4.1.1)
5 turning on the hardened flags and running "emerge -e world"? Is gcc
6 4.1.1 supported to any extent at all with the hardened USE flag?
7
8 Reading a little around the subject suggests that we should stick with
9 3.4.x for the time being, but I am putting in a new server and it seems
10 prudent to get any major work done up front before we go live. Some
11 people here seem to be implying that gcc 4.1.1 is working ok for them??
12
13 Cheers for any thoughts
14
15 Ed W