From: Luis Ressel <aranea@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] sys-apps/pcsc-lite needs to access /sys
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2014 12:36:12
1 Hello,
4 I'm currently experimenting with OpenPGP smartcards. For those, I
5 need sys-apps/pcsc-lite, which features a daemon (pcscd). This daemon
6 has its own user and doesn't run with root permissions. However, it
7 needs to access some files in /sys which are only accessible by root
8 due to GRKERNSEC_SYSFS_RESTRICT.
9
10 I went with the following solution:
11 chown root:pcscd /usr/sbin/pcscd
12 chmod 0710 /usr/sbin/pcscd
13 filecap /usr/sbin/pcscd dac_read_search
14
15 Should I just propose the maintainer to add this to the ebuild
16 (conditional on a "hardened" USE flag), or would another course of
17 action be preferred?
20 Regards,
21 Luis Ressel
25 Luis Ressel <aranea@×××××.de>
26 GPG fpr: F08D 2AF6 655E 25DE 52BC E53D 08F5 7F90 3029 B5BD