From: Fred Blaise <fred.blaise@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Xen and SElinux
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 07:56:52
1 Simpson, Richard wrote:
2 >
3 > SELinux is available in all 2.6 kernels. To use Gentoo with Xen and
4 > SELinux, I had to switch to the SELinux 2006.1 profile, which is still
5 > in testing. This is the first Gentoo with support for modular SELinux
6 > reference policy, which has a policy module for Xen. The SELinux
7 > upgrade, however, requires glibc 2.4 which is not yet available for
8 > hardened gcc.
9 >
10 > Info on migrating Gentoo to SELinux 2006.1, as well as modifying a
11 > kernel for use with SELinux is available here:
12 > http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-hardened/msg_06462.xml
13 >
14 > Use the latest xen-sources kernel and configure it for SELinux. Note
15 > that the Xen policy is not yet available in portage; I found it here:
16 > http://oss.tresys.com/projects/refpolicy/browser
17 >
18 > Good luck!
19 > Richard.