From: Roel Vromen <roel@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] selinux in vmware?
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 04:16:17
1 Hi Steve,
2
3 > I've been trying to build selinux in a vmware box and so far I havn't
4 > been able to get past stage 2.
5 >
6 > I have tried two stage 1 tarballs;
7 >
8 > stage1-x86-selinux-20041123.tar.bz2
9
10 o.k. Never tried that one.
11
12 > which can't get past bootstrap without crashing vmware.
13 >
14 > I have built from the 'equivalent' stage 3 tarball and rebuilt world
15 > from that with no problems.
16 >
17 > and;
18 >
19 > stage1-x86-selinux-pie-ssp-20041123.tar.bz2
20
21 Which is the one I used both on vmware 4.5.2 and vmware 5.0. And both VM's are
22 working fine.
23
24 > which can't get through stage two without segfaulting somewhere (usually
25 > glibc, sometimes grub).
26
27 I did not have that experience I'm afraid. Can you tell more about which
28 choices you made for emulated hardware, how you made up your VM?
29
30 > I am about to try this one (pie-ssp) from stage 3.
31 >
32 > Are there known issues with selinux under vmware?
33
34 Not on my side: it's working fine.
35
36 Roel