From: "Marc-André Beck" <marc-andre_beck@×××.ch>
To: "François Valenduc" <francois.valenduc@××××××××××.be>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] problem installing a cross glibc with SELinux
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 06:00:42
1 François Valenduc wrote:
2 > Hello everybody,
3 > I am trying to install a i686 cross compiler on an x86_64 host. I use
4 > crossdev to install it but when it want to install glibc, it fails
5 > with the following error:
6 >
7 > checking for is_selinux_enabled in -lselinux... no
8 > configure: error: SELinux explicitly required, but sufficiently recent
9 > SELinux library not found
10
11 Your hardened profile enforces the selinux USE-Flag, but the ebuild
12 explicitly requires not to use SELinux.
15 > Does anybody know how to solve this problem ?
16
17 I simply switched the profile to compile the crosscompiler:
18
19 $ eselect profile list
20 # eselect profile set default-linux/amd64/2007.0/desktop
21
22 I know, it's not a proper solution, but at least it works.
25 > Furthermore, if I ever manage to install it, will it be OK to cross
26 > compile programs for another computer (through distcc) if SELinux is
27 > not installed on this other computer ?
28
29 Yep, your compiler doesn't care if you use SELinux or not. What's
30 important is the labeling of the binary and the enforcement of those labels.
31
32 Cheers
33
34 Marc-André