From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] grSecurity Guide, draft
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 06:45:07
1 Hi,
2
3 I've finished writing the grSecurity Guide which you can currently find on
4 http://cvs.gentoo.org/~swift/grsecurity.html.
5
6 It currently contains:
7 - an introduction
8 - an overview of the possible kernel options
9 - an explanation about ACLs (syntax, some examples)
10 - a small text about gradm and the learning mode
11 - a small text about sysctl
12
13 It does not contain:
14 - a step by step guide through setting up an ACL-driven system
15
16 I'm planning on adding this when Gentoo Hardened finds some way to easily
17 download "base" ACLs (or whatever is currently on the table). So basically
18 this grSecurity Guide is an overview of the possibilities, and a reference
19 for the explorers amongst us, but not a simple step-by-step guide for the
20 dummies. Not yet, anyway :)
21
22 Comments are, as usual, always welcome, as are fixes for grammar/spelling.
23
24 You can download the XML itself from
25 http://cvs.gentoo.org/~swift/grsecurity.xml.
26
27 Wkr,
28 Sven Vermeulen
29 Gentoo Documentation
32 Thanks to DRM, you know that something has been built in environment of
33 unspecified degree of security, from source you cannot check, written by
34 programmers you don't know, released after passing QA of unknown quality and
35 which is released under a license that disclaims any responsibility...