From: Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] ipv6 on by default for hardened profile
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 15:02:29
1 > BTW, is there exists (Gentoo?) guides/howtos which explain these issues
2 > (preferably from "differences from IPv4" point of view) to average admin
3 > who know how to setup IPv4 and know nothing about IPv6,
4
5 There was a recent presentation (not gentoo) about security issues in
6 ipv6 and it was extensive.
7
8 I presume the issue is having ipv6 to install so it should be enabled
9 why not offer an easy disable option or question to minimse the window
10 of opportunity, perhaps pre-emptive for net install.
11
12 Personally when disabling ipv6 I choose the module removal or
13 blacklisting, assuming you don't use it locally or it falls back to
14 ipv4.
18
19 Why not do something good every day and install BOINC.