From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] gentoo hardened in VMware
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 21:32:49
1 On 15 Sep 2006 at 11:38, Marcel Meyer wrote:
2
3 > I think disabling SSP _or_ the "NX-bit" in the kernel (x86-32) helped to get
4 > a significant performance boost (but perhaps I'm just imagining sth. since
5 > it seems logical/possible for me ;-) ). The last post on this list I found
6 > was from 2004 mentioning potential problems with pageexec - is this it?
7 >
8 > My question is, can that be? Who is using hardned gentoos within some
9 > vmware-vms? How do I get good performance *g* (speak: which options not to
10 > use)? When it's only stuff in the kernel, it is easy to test out. But
11 > recompiling the whole system wouldn't be that funny ;)
12
13 PAGEEXEC and UDEREF on i386 don't work well in VMs, the rest should be fine.
16 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list