From: Joshua Brindle <method@g.o>
To: solar@g.o
Cc: "Mark R. Martinez" <gentoo@×××××××××××××.org>, gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SAL
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 20:19:41
1 Ned Ludd wrote:
2
3 >On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 11:42, Mark R. Martinez wrote:
6 >>Is anyone working on any aspect of SAL (Secure Auditing)?
10 >A sub project within gentoo-security team has begun work on general
11 >source code auditing.
12 >http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/security/audit.xml
13 >mail krispykringle@g.o for more details on getting involved.
18 I think solar misunderstood.. This isn't code auditing, this is kernel
19 event auditing..
20
21 the answer is, SAL won't be supported anytime soon I suspect, not only
22 does it have issues me nor anyone else will be dealing with another
23 auditing framework was merged into mainline. Any official support for
24 auditing will almost certainly use this framework. Unfortunatly the
25 infrastructure for it really sucks right now, what infrastructure exists
26 that is.
27
28 I've been speaking with the person who took over development of the
29 framework and there will be extensive development very soon so stay tuned..
30
31 Joshua Brindle
34 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list