From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Profile switch: hardened to non-hardened?
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 01:05:34
1 >> What else would you recommend for me?
2 >
3 > I'd suggest to completely ignore the grsec (low/med/high) options and
4 > use the Hardened Gentoo level in the hardened-sources all the time.
5 >
6 > Xorg should not cause problems unless you are stuck using 3rd party
7 > binary drivers. Most of us are using a hardened X setup.
8
9 Excellent, thank you. You think the "Hardened Gentoo (workstation)"
10 and "Hardened Gentoo (server)" grsecurity setups are adequate
11 low-maintenance solutions?
12
13 What does a hardened profile do for my server?
14
15 - Grant