From: "j." <merkaba@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] remove selinux
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 22:36:14
1 there's not one that i know of, but i managed to do it on one of mine
2 the other day. more or less just follow the install guide..backwards.
3
4 what i did was:
5 - build new kernel w/o security models/selinux enabled. (left the ext
6 extended attributes options alone) enable devfs if you're not going to
7 use udev.
8 - relink /etc/make.profile back to the default profile
9 - remove selinux related options (e.g. nodevfs) from bootloader config
10 - remerge any selinux patched packages - i.e. baselayout, et. al. (order
11 may matter - e.g. pwdb has to be remerged before pam)
12 - unmerge selinux related packages - i.e. python-selinux, policy stuff,
13 etc.
14
15 that's just off the top of my head. it seemed to work for me without any
16 problem (that i've found out about yet) at least.