From: Antoine Martin <antoine@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] "Out of the box" SELinux policy questions...
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 23:35:05
1 [snip]
2 > messages. But some of the rules it recommends just look wrong to me.
3 > Things like this:
4 >
5 > allow consoletype_t file_t:chr_file { getattr ioctl read write };
6 > allow consoletype_t file_t:dir search;
7 > allow dmesg_t file_t:chr_file { read write };
8 The original avc message would be helpful here.
9 Bear in mind that audit2allow just generates an allow rule, which may or
10 may not be what you need. In a lot of cases a dontaudit rule will do.
11
12 > I was under the impression that nothing should ever be permitted to
13 > transition to file_t, and that errors referencing the file_t domain mean
14 > there's something mis-labelled.
15 Indeed, which is why the original avc message would be helpful (as it
16 would allow you to figure out which file was being accessed).
17
18 > In this case, it looks like
19 > /dev/console is the biggest culprit, but I've also 20 or so errors from
20 > initrc, a few from ifconfig, a half-dozen from udev. If I install, say,
21 > sshd or sudo, I get more, even after merging and reloading their policy
22 > files.
23 Do you have udev mounted under /dev? devpts mounted under /dev/pts?
24 I prefer to use a static /dev or tmpfs (which supports security labels)
25
26 Antoine
27 --
28 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list