From: Barry.Schwartz@×××××××××××××.org
To: "gentoo-hardened@l.g.o" <gentoo-hardened@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] xorg/nv woes
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 02:19:57
1 bbruce <bbruce@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Okay, "GCC_SPECS-vanilla.specs" gives me a working X server with the nv
3 > driver ... where do we go from here? Doesn't using the "vanilla.specs"
4 > spec file disable most/all of ssp and/or pie? Or do I have it wrong?
5
6 No, that's right. I've never seen a solution to similar problems with
7 Xorg or XFree that didn't involve compiling with reduced hardening.
8 I've never looked into the matter deeply, but you can find discussions
9 and "patches" in Bugzilla. I put "patches" in quotes because what
10 I've seen and used were "patches" that turned off hardening.