From: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
To: pappy@g.o
Cc: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Re: hardened-gcc-3.3.2.1
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 08:15:18
1 On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
2
3 New problem: I have rebuilt rpm-4.0.4 and got text relocation in
4 librpmbuild shared library hardened-gcc-3.3.2.0 worked)
5 I think we have to enforce -fPIC for all (also for static, because if
6 later a binary is built against static and dynamic libraries, it will have
7 problems (like bash's included readline, this is static)
8 The problem happens with libraries due to the change in cc1 section from
9 -fPIC to -fPIC -fpie (simple test: build zlib w/o the pic patch)
10
11 > Hello!
12 >
13 > The link section has a !static redundancy (from EXC_FRONT and
14 > PIE_ACTIVATION), see attached diff (edited manually based on hcc.conf and
15 > the scripts)
16 >
17 > Why is crt1S.o added in the default config, the conservative one adds
18 > Scrt1.o? (crt1S.S is the same as in hardened 2.4.6 non_csu version), it is
19 > rather a glibc issue having it or not.
20 >
21 > Also I am not so sure about the stack-protector[-all] running together, I
22 > have the impression, that they work separately, but for all cases I would
23 > suggest the possibility to use only fstack-protector if -all is
24 > deactivated (there could be some apps that cannot be built with -all) like
25 > this, or similar
26 > %{!yno_propolice: %{!fno-stack-protector: -fstack-protector}
27 > %{!fno-stack-protector-all: -fstack-protector-all}}.
28 >
29 > I do not really know which one needs fforce-addr (the kernel works with
30 > both, using my patch -earlier mail, but does not like fforce-addr).
31 > So adapt accordingly.
32 >
33 > Peter
38 Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m@×××.net> ID: 0xA5F059F2 NIC: IXUYHSKQLI
39 Key fingerprint = 92A4 31E1 56BC 3D5A 2D08 BB6E C389 975E A5F0 59F2
43 Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a FreeStarttol.
44 Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu
47 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list