From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] gcc-4.3.4 stabilized for a hardened profile?
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 21:55:55
1 On 10/28/2009 12:33 AM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > Mike Edenfield wrote:
3
4 >> The OOo
5 >> build fails on three separate steps for three seemingly unrelated
6 >> reasons, none of which I have had time to chase down.
7
8 > OpenOffice fails about an hour into compilation for me, so screw that.
9 > All of my desktop machines are amd64 -- x86 users might have better
10 > luck, especially now that 4.x is stable.
11
12 My current testing seems to indicate that this is a problem with the
13 OpenOffice build and PaX, not with the hardened toolchain itself -- I
14 was able to build successfully by turning on softmode first. Whether
15 that makes it easier or harder to "fix" the build problems, I dunno.
16
17 --Mike