From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] RFC: Improving support for (re)labeling packages when SELinux dependency is added
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 18:46:41
1 On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 10:42:21PM +0400, Jason Zaman wrote:
2 > > Something like so (which we can do in the selinux-policy-2.eclass):
3 > >
4 > > pkg_postinst() {
5 > > # Find all packages with this package in their RDEPEND
6 > > PKGSET=$(equery -q depends ${CATEGORY}/${PN})
7 > > for PKG in ${PKGSET};
8 > > do
9 > > rlpkg ${PKG};
10 > > done
11 > > }
12 >
13 > This looks like it would work apart from the optional equery. What about
14 > if the user does not want something relabelled after updating if they
15 > have special circumstances? We might want a way to say don't touch this
16 > package I'll do it myself. Alternatively the user would just have to set
17 > it in semange fcontext and it'll be fine.
18
19 Do you have a specific situation in mind? As far as I see, the relabeling is
20 an almost mandatory step (even right now). What users can (and should) do if
21 they don't want the default labels is to define their own labels and policy,
22 and in those cases the relabeling operation (by rlpkg) will be correct
23 anyway (as it uses the SELinux context definitions on the system).
24
25 Wkr,
26 Sven Vermeulen