From: Richard Simpson <richard.simpson@×××××.com>
To: Bogdan Agica <bagica@×××××××××××.com>, gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux kernel doesn't boot
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:52:39
1 ReiserFS is not compatible with SELinux. You do realize that
2 hardened-sources and hardened-dev-sources are the Gentoo 2.6 kernels that
3 are designed to work with SELinux? If you haven't seen it yet, please read
4 the X86 SElinux handbook @
5 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/selinux/selinux-x86-handbook.xml
6
7 Good luck!
8
9 > -----Original Message-----
10 > From: news [mailto:news@×××××××××.org]On Behalf Of Bogdan Agica
11 > Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 11:11 AM
12 > To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
13 > Subject: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux kernel doesn't boot
16 > Hi everybody.
17 >
18 > I'm having a hard time trying to boot a SELinux enabled kernel
19 > (gentoo-dev-sources-2.6.9-r1) with the selinux=1 option. With
20 > selinux=0 it boots
21 > with no problem at all.
22 >
23 > The system hangs after the message: "Remounting root filesystem
24 > read/write ... [
25 > OK ]"
26 >
27 > I'm using ReiserFS for my root filesystem, should that make any
28 > difference,
29 > labeled after some modifications in
30 > /etc/security/selinux/src/policy/Makefile to
31 > label the reiserfs file systems too.
32 >
33 > Are there some problems with ReiserFS? If so, are there any workarounds?
34 >
35 > Thanx in advance,
36 >
37 > --