From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Moving from md5 to sha512 shadow password hashes
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 02:39:19
1 On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 19:41 -0400, René Rhéaume wrote:
2 > I would like to try out this feature, but every time I tried to update
3 > glibc, hardened or not, shit happened. Therefore, I have to perform
4 > another Gentoo install somewhere else, then swap the installs. Is
5 > there any plan to get automated builds of hardened stages?
6
7 They already happen but don't require a full reinstall.
8
9 Updated every 24hrs.
10
11 You can simply point make.conf to the correct feed and set it
12 PORTAGE_BINHOST=http://../arch/dir
13
14 then you can use.
15 emerge -Ga glibc