From: Hinnerk van Bruinehsen <h.v.bruinehsen@×××××××××.de>
To: Gentoo Hardened <gentoo-hardened@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] RELRO and Xorg
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 12:41:25
1 Hi,
2
3 If one builds Xorg it's build with only partial RELRO enabled (test e.g. with
4 checksec.sh).
5 This is caused by the xorg-2.eclass and affects seemingly all packages that use
6 that eclass (It has a conditional that checks if hardened is used and filters
7 some flags).
8 Does anyone know why this is the case? Is it a legacy issue or are there valid
9 reasons why Xorg is build with only partial RELRO?
10 I've tried to build it on my systems with full RELRO (by adding -z,relro,-z,now
11 to the filter inside the eclass) and it works without issues so far.
12
13 WKR
14 Hinnerk