From: Hinnerk van Bruinehsen <h.v.bruinehsen@×××××××××.de>
To: Gentoo Hardened <gentoo-hardened@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] RELRO and Xorg
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 12:41:25
Hi,

If one builds Xorg it's build with only partial RELRO enabled (test e.g. with
checksec.sh).
This is caused by the xorg-2.eclass and affects seemingly all packages that use
that eclass (It has a conditional that checks if hardened is used and filters
some flags).
Does anyone know why this is the case? Is it a legacy issue or are there valid
reasons why Xorg is build with only partial RELRO?
I've tried to build it on my systems with full RELRO (by adding -z,relro,-z,now
to the filter inside the eclass) and it works without issues so far.

WKR
Hinnerk