From: Richard Simpson <richard.simpson@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened <gentoo-hardened@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] login contexts
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:02:56
1 I have a new installation utilizing 2.6.7-r7 and selinux policy ver 17, and
2 have the following login problem (well, it's really just an annoyance):
3 logging in at the console as root always defaults to a root:staff_r:staff_t
4 context, no matter how the roles are ordered in the users file. Then, login
5 does not ask me if I want to choose another role; I have to use newrole to
6 get to sysadm. Also, root:staff_r has no home, because it's denied access to
7 the root directory. This really limits the usefulness of root:staff_r.
8
9 Is this login behavior normal?
10
11 Thanks,