From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o, Barry Dunn <lists@×××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] cpufreqd-1.1.1 segmentation fault with hardened
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:33:01
1 > Guess I need to post a bug report, just thought I'd see if anyone had
2 > any suggestions first on things to try. There's an strace below fwiw.
3
4 could you enable coredumping (ulimit -c unlimited) then get one and
5 look at it from gdb ('gdb /usr/sbin/cpufreqd core' then 'bt', 'info
6 regs', 'x/8i $pc', 'x/16x $sp' at least)? you could also try to recompile
7 cpufreqd as a normal executable (this one was a PIE) and see if that
8 changes anything. in any case, i'm almost sure that it's not a PaX
9 related bug.
13 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list