From: Simone <kopspa@××××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] grsecurity problem
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 22:32:55
1 UPDATE: vanilla + grsec 2.0pre4 + bootsplash worked (even with all prelinked
2 bins)
3 I think that is a gentoo-sources bug or something similar
4
5 > hi, i'm running gentoo-sources-2.4.20-r5
6 >
7 > all ok , but if i enable grsecurity in my kernel config my system hangs at
8 >
9 > Freeing kernel memory: 144k freed
10 >
11 --- CUT ---
12 > i use prelink
13 > i have tried (before prelink) a vanilla kernel patched with grsecurity
14 > 2.0pre4 and it worked
15 > before gentoo i was using slackware with grsec ALL options enabled expect
16 > CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_PAX_PAGEEXEC and it worked fine
17 >
18 > any ideas ?
19 >
20 > tomorrow i'll try gentoo-sources with grsec in a system not-prelinked...
23 > --
24 > gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list
28 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list