From: Stephen Bennett <spb@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] NPTL safe with hardened?
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 19:16:01
1 On Sun, 2005-05-29 at 20:08 +0100, Ed W wrote:
2 > I am running a hardened kernel using the grsec stuff. Is it safe to
3 > recompile glibc with NPTL under hardened kernel? Everything is
4 > basically the standard unmasked stuff as available right now from portage
5
6 Well, I'm using it currently on a ~x86 hardened (pax, selinux, bits of
7 grsec) system with no obvious issues. Haven't tried the grsec rbac
8 stuff, but I don't see an obvious reason why it would break.
9
10 > Any reasons not to change? Any issues during the upgrade that I might
11 > want to be aware of (it's a running web server, would rather not break
12 > it...)
13
14 There might well be nastiness hiding in the conversion process ... last
15 I knew some software didn't work with NPTL, so if you're going to use it
16 you probably want to keep nptlonly off, etc. The normal caveats with any
17 change to an important system package apply.
20 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list