From: 7v5w7go9ub0o <7v5w7go9ub0o@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Re: Profile switch: hardened to non-hardened?
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 15:47:12
1 Grant wrote:
2 >> I've been able to do so; basically I switched over to the standard profile,
3 >> disabled selinux in the kernel, and re-emerged system for new use flags.
4 >> There were some other details but overall the process was pretty painless,
5 >> anyone ambitious enough to configure a hardened system can probably handle
6 >> the switch without much problem. Not that I'm encouraging you to drop
7 >> hardened (especially on a laptop that could be exposed to random wifi
8 >> networks ;-)
9 >
10 > I'd love to keep it hardened but I want to install programs like
11 > skype, miro, and mplayer that don't seem to compile under a hardened
12 > profile.
13 >
14 > - Grant
15
16 IIUC, certain flags can be problematic on a very few ebuilds.
17
18 Don't know about miro and skype, but for mplayer I have the following in
19 /etc/portage/package.use:
20
21 media-video/mplayer 3dnow 3dnowext X aac aalib alsa custom-cflags dga
22 directfb dts dv dvd encode esd fbcon ftp gif -gtk gnome-mplayer iconv
23 ipv6 jpeg live mad md5sum mmx mmxext mp2 mp3 nas opengl png pvr
24 quicktime radio real rtc sdl sse sse2 svga theora truetype unicode v4l
25 vorbis win32codecs x264 xanim xv xvid lame -a52 -altivec -amrnb -amrwb
26 -arts -bidi -bindist -bl -cddb -cdio -cdparanoia cpudetection -debug
27 -doc -dvb -enca -ggi -ivtv -jack -joystick -libcaca -lirc -livecd -lzo
28 -musepack -nemesi -openal -oss -pnm -rar -samba -speex srt -ssse3
29 -teletext -tga -tivo -v4l2 -vidix -xinerama -xvmc -zoran -ladspa
30 -pulseaudio -ivtv -pvr