From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] mysql 4.1 requires shlib_t:file execmod?
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 21:26:42
1 On 24 Oct 2005 at 20:15, Antoine Martin wrote:
2 > But this is not the right way to do it, I admit this is only a very tiny
3 > security risk, but I would much rather figure out a way to fix the
4 > library to not require execmod. No other library requires it, and the
5 > previous version of mysql I was using (4.0) didn't either.
6
7 indeed, the underlying reason is what we remedied, or so i
8 thought so i'm all the more curious how you ended up with
9 textrels again. fwiw, i can't find any DES related symbols
10 in 4.1.14 and 5.0.13, so i'm wondering if it's USE flag
11 dependent maybe (in which case mysql is probably statically
12 linking a crypto library). what are yours?
15 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list