From: Robert Sharp <selinux@×××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Re: [gentoo-dev] New item for sys-kernel/hardened-sources removal
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 13:36:58
1 On 16/08/17 11:09, Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike) wrote:
2 > El 16/08/17 a las 09:40, Marek Szuba escribió:
3 >> Two tiny bits of formal nitpicking from my side:
4 >> - it's "grsecurity" (not a typo, they do use a lowercase g except when
5 >> the name appears at the beginning of a sentence), not "grsec";
6 >> - the patches were not *distributed by* grsecurity, they *are*
7 >> grsecurity. The vendor's name is Open Source Security, Inc.
8 > Nowadays it is, but this hasn't always been the case. You'll notice the
9 > presence of a /dev/grsec and you'll also find grsec referenced accross
10 > some old patches. Anyways I changed it.
11 >
12 > The same applies to Open Source Security, Inc. the company was founded
13 > on 2008 but grsecurity has been around for much longer. That's why I
14 > prefer to refer to Brad Spengler and The PaX team here as they are still
15 > the real upstream behind Open Source Security, Inc.
18 Would anyone like to outline a simple process to migrate from
19 hardened-sources + hardened tool-chain to gentoo-sources? Presumably if
20 I just drag my config file across it will cause all sorts of problems?
21 Do I need to work backwards through the hardening guide, for example?
22
23 Thanks