From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Kernel panic on openvpn connection
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 20:28:44
1 On 24 Apr 2006 at 19:02, Jean-Pierre Schwickerath wrote:
2 > I've been experiencing really strange behaviours with the 2 latest
3 > hardened kernels (2.6.14-r6 and r7) on 2 different machines that are
4 > both used as OpenVPN concentrators.
5 > 2.6.14-r5 is working fine on these machines.
6
7 looking at the diff between r5 and r6 i only see grsec related
8 changes, so that could be the culprit. would it be possible to
9 try the latest grsec patch alone (it's in grsecurity.net/~spender )?
10
11 > The phenomenon is the following. When I connect to the openvpn server
12 > from remote with openvpn, a connection is established (from the view of
13 > the client) but in the same moment the server crashes.
14 >
15 > This is what I managed to capture with netconsole:
16
17 is this the full oops report? also posting your kernel .config
18 and corresponding System.map would be useful (probably not to
19 the list as they are quite big).
22 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list