From: "Tino Müller" <gnaag@×××.de>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Setting up Hardened Gentoo
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:15:30
1 Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
2 > On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:09:22 +0100
3 > "Tino Müller" <gnaag@×××.de> wrote:
4 >
5 >> # CONFIG_PAX_NO_ACL_FLAGS is not set
6 >> CONFIG_PAX_HAVE_ACL_FLAGS=y
7 >> # CONFIG_PAX_HOOK_ACL_FLAGS is not set
8 >
9 > I think your DAC is overriding the PaX headers on the paxtest
10 > binaries, and it's operating in a mode where it relaxes everything by
11 > default.
12 >
13 > If you're not using a DAC, you probably want CONFIG_PAX_NO_ACL_FLAGS=y
14 > instead.
17 These options are set automatically, if within "File systems" any option named "* POSIX Access Control Lists" is enabled. These options are enabled by default in hardened-sources 2.6.19-r6. I disabled them and .config reads:
18
19 CONFIG_PAX_NO_ACL_FLAGS=y
20 # CONFIG_PAX_HAVE_ACL_FLAGS is not set
21 # CONFIG_PAX_HOOK_ACL_FLAGS is not set
22
23 I built the kernel, installed it and rebooted, but the results of paxtest didn't change.
24 Maybe I have to rebuild more packages, but first I try to install the system with ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=x86 and hardened-sources-2.6.18 and see, what happens.
25
26 Tino
27 --
28 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list