From: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] How do I use grSecurity mandatory access control?
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 20:34:23
1 On Mon, 8 May 2006, René Rhéaume wrote:
2
3 > I have been building and using a grsecurity-enabled kernel for more
4 > than two years. I am accustomed to configure such a kernel. However, I
5 > never used the mandatory access control system that is provided.
6 >
7 > * How do I make a policy?
8
9 run the learning process for your box
10
11 > * Are there reference policies? In that case, where can I get them?
12
13 probably not, noone contributed such, due to the fact that the most of,
14 I would call them falsely "hardened" gentoo users/devs (I know they all
15 will object, this is my private opinion, not anyway related to gentoo) use
16 2.6 kernels there was no need for this.
17
18 > * How do I check a policy for correctness?
19
20 by reading and interpreting
21
22 > * Where can I find more documentation (I found more documentation on
23 > the kernel side of things than on the access control)?
24
25 the only I am aware of are on http://www.grsecurity.net/ and the sources
26
27 Peter
30 Peter S. Mazinger <ps dot m at gmx dot net> ID: 0xA5F059F2
31 Key fingerprint = 92A4 31E1 56BC 3D5A 2D08 BB6E C389 975E A5F0 59F2
34 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list