From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Stopping libselinux being linked
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 16:01:56
1 Well I've given up on selinux now and I'm trying to just get rid of selinux
2 and just use a hardened system.
3
4 I've change my profile and recompiled the system so none of it is using the
5 selinux flag.
6
7 The problem is that even though the selinux USE flag isn't exabled, packages
8 like coreutils are still linking into libselinux. So if I remove libselinux
9 and all the selinux related packages, it breaks a whole load of binaries on
10 the system, so much so that I can't recompile packages afterwards.
11
12 How should I proceed to eradicate selinux from my system? or am I stuck with
13 the libraries now until I do a full re-install?
14
15 Thanks
16
17 Matt