From: "Javier Martínez" <tazok.id0@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] hardened workstation - is that worth it?
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 17:31:32
1 One more thing, this could be understood wrongly in one earlier mail I
2 sent and was caused by my horrible english,
3 <em>Before the filesystem capabilities one process
4 with only CAP_SYS_RAWIO and the others restricted could add all
5 others capabilities missing by simply searching the cap_bset in their
6 system.map and writting 0xFFFFFEFF in it through /dev/mem. </em>
7
8 This set the maximum capabilities that a new process could get, so,
9 one system restricted to CAP_SYS_RAWIO could restore the complete
10 Cap_bound set. You could remove for example an inmutable flag from a
11 binary with only CAP_SYS_RAWIO, because you could set
12 CAP_SYS_IMMUTABLE on in the cap_bset
13