From: Magnus Granberg <zorry@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Hardened meeting summary 2010-05-16
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 11:07:12
1 måndag 17 maj 2010 10.34.05 skrev Javier Juan Martínez Cabezón:
2 > I get realized of this question at the bad way, after seeing that the
3 > binaries didn't have the canary inside. After that I compiled the system
4 > with ssp in the unclean way, -fstack-protector-all in CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS
5 > in make.conf with the exception of glibc that works only with
6 > -fstack-protector. If someone need ssp with this versions it could be the
7 > way to have it working until it gets solved.
8 >
9 > ¿Do you recommend this "workaround" until solution?
10 >
11 I do not recommend it but it is up to you.
12 For some packages may brake like glibc do.
13
14 Hardened at gentoo.org
15 Magnus Granberg (zorry)