From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] glibc
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 20:55:06
1 Ernesto Rodriguez Ortiz wrote:
2 > Hello here, I have some problems compiled glibc, I am trying to install a server with PaX and SELinux, I have an decompressing stage3 hardened and portage, change the profile for selinux/2007.0/x86/hardened and set the make.conf as a show down .Any idea how I can fix the problem with glibc?
3
4 When you switch from a non-hardened to a hardened profile, you need to
5 rebuild the entire toolchain in the correct order, then preferrably
6 rebuild everything else. This should also pick up any changes needed to
7 support SELinux in your userland, plus pull in the userland tools and
8 policy files.
9
10 From the PaX Quickstart, the steps should be:
11
12 eselect profile set <hardened #>
13 emerge -1 binutils gcc glibc
14 emerge -e world
15
16 I can tell you from experience that jumping directly from a vanilla
17 profile to an SELinux + hardened profile can be tricky, and I've ended
18 up starting over a few times. I would strongly suggest that you do them
19 separately:
20
21 vanilla -> hardened -> selinux/hardened
22
23 This means you might end up recompiling a few packages multiple times,
24 but it's more likely to succeed. Follow the steps in the two
25 installation guides:
26
27 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/pax-quickstart.xml
28 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/selinux/selinux-handbook.xml?part=2
29
30 If you want to try to get the whole thing in one step, in theory you
31 should be able to do so by setting FEATURES="-selinux" in your
32 make.conf, emerge everything, then remove that line and relabel
33 everything, as described in the SELinux handbook.