From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux policy updates
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 21:02:31
1 Hi gents,
2
3 There have been a massive amount of updates on the policies. Those
4 courageous enough can use the live policy ebuilds to test them out and
5 generate bugs for them. If the fixes are within the contribution modules,
6 they are quickly applied upstream so that's a huge advantage.
7
8 I will probably generate a rev6 release in the next few days who might or
9 might not see the stable light, depending on how effective it is.
10 Regardless, I will continue tracking upstream as close as possible (which,
11 in a policy world, is a good thing as things change too fast).
12
13 So just see this as a heads up - I know I haven't released one in a while,
14 and that's because upstream has become massively active (from 15 commits per
15 months to 30 commits per day - that's a factor 60 difference!) and the
16 changes aren't always as good as we would hope (so they need close follow-up
17 from our side).
18
19 The release of a rev6 however is needed to handle changes in Gentoo (like
20 openrc doing /run migrations and such).
21
22 Wkr,
23 Sven Vermeulen