From: "Tóth Attila" <atoth@××××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] offtopic: libpng upgrade
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 20:03:14
1 I've suspected, that it won't be a torch-light procession.
2 But reality exceeded my expectations.
3 Around 60 packages failed out of approx 100! I've followed the ebuild's
4 advice, that I leave the old library in place and revdep all packages
5 linked to it.
6 Acutally it would be better to remove the old library immediately, because
7 a bunch of packages still tried to use -lpng14 for linking. In those case
8 removing the old libs seems to help most of the time. But it will take
9 another day to roll over the packages.
10 Of course some packages will still fail. But it could spare me a day of
11 useless compiles failing at the end while linking if I would have removed
12 the old library for the first time.
13 --
14 dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
15 Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057