From: Peter Hjalmarsson <xake@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Re: SSP in GCC 4
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 22:17:50
1 mån 2010-01-25 klockan 15:15 -0500 skrev Mike Edenfield:
2 > I also have glibc unmasked, but I think that's a remnant from a while
3 > ago and probably not necessary. The latest version in the overlay is
4 > 2.9.
5 >
6 > If you are running ~arch you'll pick up a few more things from the
7 > overlay, like grub and hardened-sources, automatically. If you're not
8 >
9 > running ~arch I'd suggest you unmask anything that the overlay has in
10 > it, since there are often PIE or SSP patches included in those
11 > versions.
14 Just use latest stable glibc from portage (glibc in hardened-dev is
15 going away as soon as Zorry feel comfortable removing it).
16 The same goes for all other packages, use the versions from portage
17 unless you have problems compiling that version or told otherwise @
18 #gentoo-hardened.
19 When it comes to which arch, I have no bigger problem using the
20 gcc-4.4.2 on an ~amd64 machine... Bu that may be me that is lucky.;)