From: Matt Rickard <mjr318@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] What's been done so far?
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:03:06
1 Just saw this list in the weekly newsletter, and I'm curious as to what
2 has been done (or what is being planned) so far?
3
4 I've implemented ProPolice in Gentoo
5 <http://frogger974.homelinux.org/gentoo_propolice.html> and I've created
6 a chrooted apache script (not yet in ebuild form... will be there when I
7 get time).
8
9 I see that the newletter mentions an SELinux kernel in this hardened
10 Gentoo. SELinux is something that I've had a bit of a look at, but
11 haven't actually used yet. Currently I'm using a GRSec patched kernel.
12 I'm curious as to what the rest of you feel regarding using either GRSec
13 or SELinux? They both seem similar in their goals and their features.
14
15 I really like the chroot restrictions GRSec offers -- does SELinux provide
16 similar functionality? Chrooted daemons plus these restrictions provides
17 for very secure services.
18
19 Just trying to get a feel for where this project is headed. Any input is
20 appreciated.
21
22 -Matt
25 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list