From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux userland utilities update
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 18:43:19
1 Hi guys,
2
3 The hardened-dev overlay now contains the newest set of SELinux userland
4 utilities. I've tested them with the current (2.20110726-r13) policy set and
5 they seem to work well now (finally, had to add a few patches here and
6 there).
7
8 The sad thing is, one of the issues was that libsemanage didn't support
9 policies without levels properly. The SELinux development mailinglist
10 mentioned that such policies get little test coverage as most (other)
11 distributions use a level-enabled policy type (MCS or MLS) anyhow. In
12 Gentoo, we still support strict/targeted (although MCS is definitely usable
13 as well).
14
15 As I don't want to become the testing ground for such policies, I'll see to
16 it that MCS becomes our default policy type as well, and that a (simple)
17 upgrade procedure is available for those still at strict or targeted.
18
19 It will also mean the docs will see some updates, and we'll need to add
20 selinux-unconfined as well as an (optionally installable) module.
21
22 Wkr,
23 Sven Vermeulen